Friday, April 17, 2009


Imagine three days hiking in rain and drizzle following an ancient Inca trail from The Cumbre (16,000 ft) to Coroico (6,000 ft). When we started there was icy snow in the air, when we finished our feet burned at least as much as one would expect after the 35 miles they had carried us. The drastic changes in climate we witnessed on the trail and the extremeness of peoples lives were both characteristic of Bolivia. They say when you walk The Choro you pay for your sins with the hardships you encounter. I might be a cleansed man now but it didn’t come easily.



I'm writing this to invite you to be part of what I hope will become an annual fundraiser here at UAC-CP. Every Easter hundreds of Bolivians walk The Choro trial, as penance for their sins. I did it and now I’m asking retroactively* for your support. I used to do Walkathons in elementary school at Baker Park, It was six miles and we got hotdogs at the end. Some of you may have been hit up for money then. This walk was much more difficult so I’m hoping you see that difference on your bank statement.


HERE’S THE LINK to the fundraiser FOR ANYONE ALREADY INTERESTED



I’m hoping to raise $2,000 which is the cost of educating, housing, and feeding breakfast to one student for a year here at UAC-CP, one student who wouldn’t otherwise have a chance at higher education. One person who will go on to create growth in a country that continues to grapple with terrible poverty.


SO WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF THIS, there must be something special I can thrown in since in fact I already did the walking… Aside from peace of mind, and knowing the money you give makes an incredible difference I’ll also throw in a blog entry dedicated to The Choro and the experiences I had there. I’ll make it worth your money,BUT PONY UP OR IT’S NOT COMING


HERE’S THE LINK AGAIN FOR THE REST OF YOU




Most of you know what I’m doing here in Bolivia and have some idea about the mission of the school, if you are looking for more information about either you can check the following links.


Carmen Pampa Fund Website - http://www.carmenpampafund.org/



Vice Director Hugh’s BLOG- http://carmenpampa.blogspot.com/


Volunteer Sarah’s BLOG- http://uchumachi.blogspot.com/



*The internet has been down a ton and really slow the rest of the time, I just couldn’t get the site put together sooner.

Thanks so much for the time

andy

No comments: